From a very young age I was told by those around me that I am an exact replica of my Mum and I started to believe that and wanted to hug each one of them because my Mum truly is beautiful and to look like her was a huge compliment for me. So much was I into being referred to as my Mum's daughter that if by any chance someone said that I look like my Dad, I would get offended. "NO! I look like my Mum!" (which actually is the truth), I would say with every ounce of my will power to stop myself from slapping their faces. The only answer to why I acted in such a manner is because I wanted to be like my Mum in every way possible. I didn't do it because I valued my Mum more than my Dad because even as a child if someone asked me that who do I love more from either of them, my would be the same every single time that I love them equally; which even now remains the same.
Growing up I realized that the way I behave is mostly the same as my Dad, like both of us have the habit of keeping the things which are of no use just because what if we need them anytime in future; we are quite organized in the way we keep our things; both of us are really short tempered people, and even tend to forget after an hour or so that we were angry about something and are back to being the way we were before being pissed; we LOVE TO READ(This actually is a characteristic of my Mum and my brother as well, runs in the family to put it in better words); et cetera et cetera. Having realized this I also realized that how in school we were told about the sacrifices made by our wonderful mothers for us but what stuck me is the fact that nobody told us about the sacrifices that our hardworking fathers made for us. Once I had this thought I was constantly stuck with it. I would catch myself thinking about all the things that my Dad did for me and my Mum and my brother; and still does. He did it and does it because he loves all of us a little too much and not because it is his duty to look after us; this is what I realized and wanted to appreciate him by telling him and giving him a tight hug but yet again we both are too shy in displaying our emotions so I had to do it in the silent way, that is, in my heart.
I know it is not Father's Day today neither it is my Dad's birthday, I really wanted to appreciate him and silently tell him that I love him too. And I couldn't think of a better way than letting it out here:D.
                                                   xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts