About a month ago, my English professor called me up one evening to ask me if I want to be one of the anchors in an upcoming National Seminar. It made me a bit uneasy because even though I've done it before I am definitely not used to it. She insisted and I had to give in. After a month's hardwork, just kidding after only two days of endlessly redrafting the scripts, the seminar took place today. If you may know I have a fear of speaking aloud in the public. I wasn't always like this, it only started to creep the hell out of me when I started to be bullied in school. It was extreme to such level that even now it has its effects. Don't worry I will not bore you with my being bullied talks (atleast as of now :D ). I am not even looking forward to be sympathized by you rather empathize with me.
     Reverting to today's seminar, I know I did not do it exactly how I actually wanted to do it, I flustered, made some errors; despite that I am extremely glad that I took up this opportunity because I feel so proud of myself right now! I will tell you why. It's because I went way beyond my comfort zone and did something that I never thought I would do and I know that even though I'm not good at it, I will be better at it if I give myself a chance. I am not justifying myself of anything here rather only trying to imply how I feel after challenging myself in a good way. And maybe you too can try and do something that challenges you and helps you better yourself, if not everyday atleast once in a while and see how it makes you feel:).
                                                                   xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts